Thursday, May 15, 2014

Céad míle fáilte! (Irish for One hundred thousand welcomes!)

W E L C O M E !  I'm your publican (host), D.R. Fitzgerald. This is an old blog with a new look but no new content. I'm a writer and artist, and I (irregularly) post poetry, fiction, essays and fine art and graphic design here. (Please read my poem and short short story Club Fight below.) 
   I attended high school in the same small town in Iowa where my parents grew up. I served in the Navy in the Western Pacific, then went to art school in Chicago. Unfortunately, I could only secure funding for two years. I worked in computers and electronics (mostly), and pursued art on my own. I have lived and worked in cities (Chicago, San Francisco, Tampa, etc) and towns, but always tried to make art for my own enjoyment. I have never sold artwork or shown in galleries. 
   Now that I'm retired, I have the time and (sometimes) the money to hire models.  Unfortunately, I live in darkest Northwest Iowa, where ambitions go to die, and the local lowest-level workers use their petty powers as self-appointed guardians of community standards to prevent me from advertising for models. Even for portrait sitters!
   The images below are from 1970 to about 2000.
I will try to allow commentary by those so inclined. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments. Moderated.